- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Capital of Cycling collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- IP address and browser user agent string in comments.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Capital of Cycling with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- You comment on a blog post
- Choose to sign up to our newsletter
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Capital of Cycling collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order or booking and manage your account.
- Email you with news about our organisation, our partner organisations and to tell you about events you may be interested in.
- Monitor who is booking our services and to feedback to our funders with numbers (no personal data is passed to third parties)
- Pass it through a spam filter to weed out spam comments
When Capital of Cycling processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Capital of Cycling securely stores your data at Capital of Cycling, Hall Ings, Bradford, BD1 5SD.
Capital of Cycling will keep your hard copies of your data for one year. Once this time period has expired, we will delete any hard copies of your data by shredding. Comments on the website will be there indefinitely but can be deleted on request. Booking data will be deleted after an a year.
Capital of Cycling would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner organisations. We will not pass your details on to these partners organisations, but may forward their marketing information to you via our mailing list.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Capital of Cycling from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Capital of Cycling would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Capital of Cycling for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Capital of Cycling correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Capital of Cycling to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Capital of Cycling erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Capital of Cycling restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Capital of Cycling’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Capital of Cycling transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Call us at: 01274 309597
Or write to us: Capital of Cycling, Hall Ings, Bradford, BD1 5SD
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Capital of Cycling uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 01274 309597
Or write to us at: Capital of Cycling, Hall Ings, Bradford, BD1 5SD
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Capital of Cycling has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Phone: 0303 123 1113