Lessons last up to 2 hours.
Location: Unless otherwise stated, the lessons take place at Capital of Cycling, BD1 5SD.
Our professional trainer will work with you to assess your needs and to get you up and running in a friendly, stress-free manner, at your pace.
The lessons are delivered in a traffic-free environment and you can attend as many as you like, but places are limited to three students per session, so please book. All equipment is provided. Belongings and other items can be safely stored on the premises while the sessions are going on.
Generally, you should only need one or two sessions at each level to progress. Please do not book more than 3 slots at a time, in order to allow fair access to these activities.
Which course do you need?
Learn to ride – for the complete beginner
‘Learn to Ride’ cycling sessions are for adults who have not yet learned to set off and pedal a bike for themselves. The session starts by showing you all the essential safety checks you need then you’ll be fitted to your bike. The focus is then on steering and braking and confidence building. The sessions are broken down into small achievable tasks making them good fun. We will be in a large indoor space (well ventilated). It is well away from the general public. Class sizes at this time are limited to 3 per session. Masks to be worn throughout the session. Wear comfortable clothes and bring a drink with you. Toilets available on site.
Level 1 – adult sessions for beginners
Level 1 Cycling Sessions are for people who can pedal a bike, but are wanting to learn new skills or rebuild their confidence in their existing cycling skills away from traffic.
We start with setting off correctly, basic manoeuvring, and braking. Over the course we build up to looking over your shoulder without wobbling and taking one hand off the handlebars to complete a signal.
These skills are all useful in an off road setting using parkland, towpaths and segregated cycleways.
These skills are essentials skills required to start the level 2 road skills course.
Individual Lessons – confidence building, commuting, group cycling
If you can already ride, but need help working out a commute, getting confidence on the road or building up to joining a cycling group, you can book a one to one or small group session. These can be arranged according to availability of our instructors. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, a contact phone number and some information about what you’d like this lesson to help you with.
Covid-19 Safety Procedures
We aim to sanitise surfaces and provide a low risk environment, but we ask that you also take the following precautions:
- Cancel your booking if you have any Covid-19 like symptoms including a cough or cold. Do not attend if you have had recent contact with anyone who symptomatic or likely to have Covid-19. You will not be charged for a cancellation.
- Sanitise your hands before you arrive and use hand-gel upon arrival.
- Wear an appropriate face covering. We can provide one at a cost of £1.
- Wait to be invited in, and keep physically distanced from instructor and fellow students. Keep to designated areas and don’t wander around touching things of interest.
- Stay Alert: If you have any concerns or worries, please let us know what they are.
- Inform us of any health conditions that you feel we should know about in advance.
- Toilets: If you need to use them close the lid before flushing, wipe handles and surfaces you might have touched with a provided Dettol wipe and of course wash your own hands. Use provided paper towels to dry your hands and place them in the lidded bin.
- Helmets: We recommended that you buy your own helmet. You can buy one from us at a cost of £20. We do have a stock of other helmets that you can borrow if you can’t afford a helmet, and these will be wiped with anti-bacterial cleanser between uses.