Currently these activities are postponed because of Covid-19 and lock-down effects.
We’ll be updating this page when we’re running new sessions.
For Ages 10-14 – Saturdays 1-3pm
You must live in one of these areas to get a place: Girlington, Manningham, Frizinghall, Heaton, Windhill, Allerton, Lower Grange, Undercliffe, Fagley, Eccleshill, Ravenscliffe, Bradford City centre.
We invite you to sign up to our free five week programme of fun with Capital of Cycling. No skills or knowledge are necessary. You don’t need to have a bike or be confident that you can ride one. You don’t need any special equipment or clothing.
By the end of the programme our professional instructors will have you to riding a bike safely and confidently within a supportive group of friends.
At Capital of Cycling we have an indoor cycling area and lots of different kind of bikes from regular road bikes to whacky fun bikes such as four seaters and reclining bikes. You’ll be able to have fun on any of the bikes that take your fancy. We are based in the centre of Bradford, opposite City Park.
- Welcome and tour of Capital of Cycling
- Discussing your needs and what you’d like to do
- Choosing a good bike for you
- Make a pedal powered fruit smoothie!
- Assessing our existing skills and having a go on the bikes
- Indoor riding, learning better handling control
- Learning about cycling safely
- Fun mess-about on the adapted bikes and tandems
- Outdoors riding if appropriate in City Park
- Basic Maintenance Workshop – how to look after your bike and fix a puncture
- Ride planning – how to do some distance as a group
- Thinking about cycling for transport (to school or the shops etc.)
- Fun ride around City Park if time permits
- Building on what we’ve learned
- Planning our ride for next week
- Fun Cycle Around City Park
- Types of riding around Bradford – road bikes, Mountain biking and stunts!
- Led Ride and picnic
- We’ll be cycling all the way from Bradford to Saltaire and Back (8 miles)
- Signposting other cool cycling stuff, you can sign up to
What else you need to know
You need to live within the JU:MP postcode area and be between 10-14 at the start of the programme to qualify for a free place.
The sessions run in 5-week blocks, so you sign up for one block of five sessions. All the sessions run on Saturdays from 1-3pm. If you can’t do Saturday, we will also soon be scheduling some sessions on weekday evenings. If for any reason you need to drop out or can’t make a session, please let us know right away so we can offer the space to somebody else. There is only space for 12 people on the course, so sign up soon!
- 1st – 29th Feb
- 14th March – 11th April
- 25th April – 23rd May
- 6th June – 4th July
- 18th July – 15th Aug
How to sign up
Please fill out this form, one for each participant
You must let us know about any special needs, health conditions or disabilities in advance so that we can make reasonable adjustments to accommodate you.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more, or ring on 07743471764.