Lessons last up to 2 hours and are now available for free thanks to funding from CityConnect!
Location: Unless otherwise stated, the lessons take place at Capital of Cycling, BD1 5SD.
Our professional trainer will work with you to assess your needs and to get you up and running in a friendly, stress-free manner, at your pace.
The lessons are delivered in a traffic-free environment and you can attend as many as you like, but places are limited to three students per session, so please book. All equipment is provided. Belongings and other items can be safely stored on the premises while the sessions are going on.
Which course do you need?
Learn to ride – for the complete beginner (12:30-2:15 pm)
Using an indoor track with all equipment provided. Our experienced instructors will guide you step by step, from getting on and off, to bike handling and balance.
Confidence Building – for new or returning riders (2:30-4:15 pm)
This course is for people who can already ride a bike but who are not very confident. Pick up the skills and knowledge you need to go down to the local park or to take a trip out into the countryside.
If you have specific needs you can also book a one-on-one lesson before joining a group session. These will be provided in special circumstances free of charge or for an appropriate fee. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, a contact phone number and a bit more information.
Covid-19 Safety Procedures
We aim to sanitise surfaces and provide a low risk environment, but we ask that you also take the following precautions:
- Cancel your booking if you have any Covid-19 like symptoms including a cough or cold. Do not attend if you have had recent contact with anyone who symptomatic or likely to have Covid-19. You will not be charged for a cancellation.
- Sanitise your hands before you arrive and use hand-gel upon arrival.
- Wear an appropriate face covering. We can provide one at a cost of £1.
- Wait to be invited in, and keep physically distanced from instructor and fellow students. Keep to designated areas and don’t wander around touching things of interest.
- Stay Alert: If you have any concerns or worries, please let us know what they are.
- Inform us of any health conditions that you feel we should know about in advance.
- Toilets: If you need to use them close the lid before flushing, wipe handles and surfaces you might have touched with a provided Dettol wipe and of course wash your own hands. Use provided paper towels to dry your hands and place them in the lidded bin.
- Helmets: We recommended that you buy your own helmet. You can buy one from us at a cost of £25. We do have a stock of other helmets that you can borrow if you can’t afford a helmet, but we will ask you to put your name on it and keep it for your sole use until you are no longer attending lessons.